
I was thinking about writing about my work schedule since morning but somehow something or the other came up. Finally I am running a sql which is taking like ever to run, so I thought let me pen down something.
A typical day at work :-
Ok so to go to work, I have to get up. Initially each night me and SilverScar (my roomie) used to decide on time slots. It used to be a heated discussion but then we decided that usually I have to vacate the bathroom for him latest by 7 30 AM. Earlier the better. If he wants to have my slot he informs me the night before.
So now I barely manage to wake up at 6 45 / 7 00 AM. Ideally I want to wake up early so I can catch up on my reading. Rushing to get ready, ironing my clothes, having Frosted Flakes breakfast, I am ready to go to work. After about 50 mins I reach my office using the Path and subway / or walking from Herald Square to Grand Central. (Nice Walk).
My job profile says that my job timings are from 9 AM to 5 PM. I am still trying to be here on time.
My work day starts with a Coke. Nothing like a refreshing coke to start your day. All that caffeine/sugar.. Hmmmmm....
Job is nice. Some days busy/ some days not so busy. I think everywhere must be like that. I have observed that people like to think and say that they are busy/stressed out. I think that makes them think that they are earning their money or maybe working more and more. I still think people tend to waste their earlier part of the day and then they like to stay later. Friends tell me that they get much work done when no one is around or later in the day.. Huh...
Ok so my day.. I try to get my work done. But always 'Work Pending' stack is piling up. We dont have hard deadlines at work so its cool. People are nice. We can joke about anything. Yes really anything. I like to have IceCream on my desk from time to time. So its good to have a refrigerator for our dept.
Since morning I can socialize, check gmail, yahoo, blogs, write blogs, read newspapers, do online stuff, sometimes read about school work.
My boss is a real nice guy. Very decent. Genious. Kind. I am here in this job as he had faith in me. I hope I live up to his expectations. Thanks Boss.
I do get off from work at around 5.
And yes, I get most of my work done too. See its all about managing time. I will like to end this post with :
'Yo all, whatever you do at work, do it with passion.'
1 comments:
not just at work...but anything u do in general needs ur passion...thts how u can enjoy each and every sec of ur life :-)
Post a Comment