Thursday, June 5, 2008

GYM...

I have just started.. gymming... since last two weeks.

This is how it started. Many many many years back I was fascinated by all the action heroes all the bulked up figures I could see and I used to wonder why can I be like that.

Over the years, I gained more knowledge and realized that its not just important to have a bulked up body but its also important to be fit, healthy, lean mean machine.

Since many years I was trying to convince my friends to join me to any convenient gym. I was trying to tell them the importance of it. But as you all know in the end how everyone thinks about MONEY, TIME, etc and then they say... SORRY BUD, SOME OTHER TIME.

The same story went on and on with many friends. In the end I came to a realization. YOU COME ALIVE IN THIS WORLD ALL ALONE FROM YOUR MOTHER'S WOMB AND YOU DIE ALL ALONE. So this made me realize that I should do things my way, pursue my own dreams.

So after the awakening within myself I said " What the hell, I want to join, I am going to join..."

Great. So since two weeks I have joined New York Health and Racquet Club. Its a good gym.

What all do I need in a gym:- Clean Showers, Nice classes, etc.

I am not into heavy weights yet, so I try to attend as many training sessions as I can. I am not a person who gets motivated easily. If I am doing exercises just by myself I will stop soon. In group classes, you see others doing something.. you feel at least I should do something.

So here's a brief knowhow of group training sessions I have attended. Remember details are always hazy, muddled with me due to my lack of coherent memory.

Step Class : I took this class today. Aerobics. Involves only a step (Looks like a simple step in a stairway, but just a single step). Music was good but you have to pay attention to the trainer because he says funny words like step over, give me a turn, turn again, leg crunch, go back, over the step. There are so many more which I could not make out. Everyone over there had a rhythm and they knew what they were doing. I had no idea what I was doing out there. In the end, I was getting a little hang of it. I will go again there next week and see how it goes.

Rock Boxing and Sculpting : Nice class again. Its like boxing in the air. But with some small aerobics moves. Also incorporates weights, bars, ab exercises, step exercises. Its like Total Body Sculpt.

Acquacise: All the moves that we can do above water can be done under water. Thats the motto of this class. Its tougher underwater too because of the buoyancy effect of the weights.

Spin: We just ride a cycle in some poses this way that way. Real good exercise for the legs.

All the classes do make one sweat a lot and there is always the side effects of pain here and there but as the saying goes : 'There is no gain without any pain'.

So guys/gals/others I hope this article makes you think about the wonders of the gym. At the end of it all it does make me feel good about myself.

Cheers.....ConfusedIAm

2 comments:

Titaxy said...

"I should do things my way, pursue my own dreams." - very very true....waiting for other ppl to join u in anything u seriously wanna pursue isnt gonna help at all... no two persons have same likes/dislikes, priorities, etc...so its always good to be on ur own...so yea, liked the way u had put it in words...

ive taken the step class long back...it used be a lotta fun and u really burn a lotta cals...and the acquacise sounds like a fun thing to try...will do it on my own sometime in a swimming pool or something, haha... :-)...

good going...keep working out and maintain a healthy lifestyle ;)

Anonymous said...

@V......S...

I am trying to work out.. thats the good part..

But healthy lifestyle dont know about that. you dont seem to know what kind of food and how much I eat..

......