
Hi All,
Today I want to write about a topic near and dear to my heart. As you all must be knowing I am a miser sometimes. I never used to tip. I never understood the importance of tipping, never trying to understand how the system works.
But now I am a bit more educated. Many have explained to me the importance of tip. Think of it as good KARMA. I am sure it will come back good to you. I try to put in at least a 15% when I go out at restaurants. I always realize that my check will be 15% more including tip. Its just a simple trick of seeing things a bit differently.
As they all say : If you are in ROME do as the ROMANS do.
Hmm.. Enough blabbering for now.
Regards,
ConfusedIAm
5 comments:
Well dude, tats a great transition. A person who never tipped is now giving a tip of 15% of the bill amount. Earlier people used to round off the bill amount, but it looked like an act of a miser. Later people started rounding off with a couple of zeros at the end, atleast in India and more specifically at good restaurants :P. But 15% looks scary to me. The last time I was out for dinner, my bill was 8355 INR, and I gave 8500INR, whch I guess is a good amount of tip. Now 15% of tat amount surely scares me :(, doesn't it scare u??
What if you are in an Indian restaurant in the US? Would you do it like the Indians or the Americans? :)
@Anonymous: It does scare me too. But we have to get used to the fact that our bill will be 115% instead of 100%. Its just a different way to look at things I guess.
@SidCool: I guess we do as the Americans do in America...
Let's start Restaurant.
Keep the tip, I will keep the rest... :)
In that way you will feel good that whatever amount has been taken from you by means of tip is coming back to you and as you will staart feeling good I will also have a same feeling ;)
Post a Comment